22 July 2008

Tired Tuesday... and a card!

Tired.. yes, as always but today I realllllyyyy have a reason to be tired this early in the morning. I woke up with my mom and went walking. We walked 2 miles... my little toes hurt! I know I'm a wimp, I don't know how I ever made it through the Army. haha. Okay enough about that. Last night I made a CARD! I am not a cardmaker I don't think. After I look through all these blogs and see what others do I am left speechless. So in no way do I think I am a cardmaker... but I thought I would give it a try. Over at 2 Sketches 4 You Kazan and Laura are the best card makers ever! I love their stuff. They always have unique ideas and they are so pretty and cute! I love them. They just started this blog not too long ago and they are doing weekly sketches. This week the sketch is this.And the prize is THIS! Not too shabby eh? :)
So this is the card that I made for the sketch. I hope you like it. Although I don't think I will win (there's stiff competition)... I had fun trying and I plan to continue doing the weekly challenge so I can become a better card maker. Who better to learn from, right? :)
I scraped the edges of everything with my xacto knife to take off some of the color... Used chocolate brown base, some hot pink for the middle section and some lime green for some pops. Up close, you can see I added scraped lines to the green as well, it's rough feeling and I think it added a cute touch.I added a little clear bubble sticker "faith" for the sentiment.I've seen this flower making in various layouts and cards and thought I would try it again. I had only done in a layout but on the card it's cute. :) I used the same brown but scraped it both horizontal and vertical with the xacto to take off the color a bit as well as the edges. I used a couple differnt pink papers for the center and topped it off with a brown grommet. Enjoy and go take a look at their work.. It's awesome!

6 comments:

Shell said...

hiya liz, my computer decided to pack up on me, i'm back on line now and will be updating my blog as soon as i can and will post my pay it forward prize by the end of the week.

Unknown said...

wow that flower is really impressive. I need to make one but it looks quite complicated :) will give a shot soon though. Thanks for playing at 2S4Y

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!! Very bold colour combo! I love that paper blossom.. too cool! :)

Lauren said...

Fabulous job with the card. I really love the distressed flowers.

Miss Feisty said...

So proud of you for going on that walk! :)

And love the card...you are so darn crafty!!!

Katie said...

what cute little flowers!

Katie