03 July 2008

A card and some Sadness....:(

My sister's birthday was yesterday, Happy Birthday Von! So I made her a card... I think I did well, she hasn't gotten it yet, it's actually going to be hand delivered to her by my daughters later on today. My parents have taken the girls for about 11 days to visit with my sister... I'm going to be sooooo lonely.. the house is going to be sooooo quiet... the upside... I get to scrap! But I will miss the girls dearly!

So on to the card---> I used the sketch from Sketches by Tamara, first time ever. I always (daily just about) check out Carols blog and she always does cards for Tamara's site... because she's on the design team!Duh! Which means she's a great card maker! and Tamara is a great sketch maker.. which means I think I need to do more crafty stuff using her sketches!

I know the sketch was really patriotic but I went another way. I just let the mojo go and I created a card. :) Hope you like it.

The pictures aren't the greatest so, sorry. I was taking pictures of it while my girls and my mom were in the car waiting to leave, I almost forgot to give her the card to take to my sister! geesh! So here it is.. I used chocolate brown cardstock as the base....added some white as a border on the front, and some pretty (on-sale) green paper (not sure the maker) for the top and main design. I added a cricut cut flower in chocolate brown, added a grommet in the center and some white ribbon. I also added dots of white paint to make it pop!
I thought I would add the inside too. I lined it with the same patterned paper and then added a white block to the bottom, cut out a Birthday Blessings with my cricut and added white dots... Hope you like it :)

4 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

It's awesome! I think you did a great job! I like the inside too. Hopefully the time flies, and your girls will be back before you know it. Craft to keep your mind off of missing them!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! What a fabulous card!! She's going to love it!!! I know I would!! :) Thank for playing along with us this week...hope you continue too!!

Lauren said...

Great card. She'll love it!

TMB said...

Great card and great scrapping as usual. She'll love it because it came from the heart.