06 March 2008

Snow in the forecast?

Okay, it might snow in Albuquerque tonight and I guess you'll have the okay to blame me! Why? Because I was busy at work for 2 days in a row, I'm not sure that this has happened in the last year I've worked here. Amazing! Anyway I still have no crafts to post and I won't post another Wish I Was Here photo. But I am posting a Scratchboard I did of Marilyn Monroe when I was in high school. If you don't know, scratchboard is thin like cardstock paper (they make a thicker type now) and it's coated on one side with this black shiny or matte coating. It's white under the black so you scrape/scratch off the black in tiny strokes with an exacto knife, or your preferred sharp object. It's basically a negative-postive space, black and white thing. The picture of Ms. Monroe isn't that great but here it is. Do you get it now? Scratch on, scratch off, scratch on... haha sorry I just got to watch Karate Kid the other day and I got a slight rememberance of it. I have never watched that entire movie, when I told my husband that he about passed out! Sorry but I was only 4 when it came out and he was a whopping 7. So I guess that's what he was doing when I was all nerdy reading books at age 4, he was watching the damn Karate Kid and wishing he could fight with a broken leg and shit! hahahaha....
Anyway I hope you enjoy the blog... comment!!!!! email me!!! Something!!!! :) Enjoy your night!

3 comments:

Lena said...

Liz don't be modest! Ms. Monroe is a damn good piece of art! Let me vent here a minute.. I am one of the odd balls of our family. I come from a VERY artistic family! They can draw, paint, make ceramic pottery. You name it, they can do it. Even my husband can drawn, but for some reason God said I'm skipping you. I'm lucky if I can do a paint by number! Oh well, they'll just have to make me stuff!! :) So I will say it again, this scratch board piece is great!!

Liz said...

Haha.. Thanks Lena! But unlike me, you can knit and crochet and all that stuff, you cross-stitch and all the patient stuff. I can't do that! But thanks for the nice comment! :) Love ya!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is really great. Marilyn looks awesome!