01 December 2008

WHOA! What a weekend! - VERY long post...

Four day weekends are great, don't get me wrong but it's the "going back to work on Monday" that killlllls me! It seems like I've been away from work for a month and I really didn't want to come back! haha... But here's the update for my Longggg weekend.

Thursday was lots of eating, eating and well... more eating. It was good, I didn't have to do much cooking, most of the food was brought in by family and the few things we did cook at my house were easy so no big deal. But, I forgot to take pictures! WTF?!? I can't believe it but oh well I can't go back in time and fix that mess up... So instead, here are OTHER people's pictures taken from Google images of what my Thanksgiving kinda looked like. :)
This totally looked like our turkey, minus all the fruity garnishes and that ham in the back, we didn't have ham, we do ham at Christmas. :) other than that, this is our turkey! :)
Sweet potatoe pie, humm yeah it didn't realy look like this, I just liked how all that marshmallowy goodness is sitting on top all toasty! We had a sweet potatoe casserole and it was yummy! Very good! Compliments of my sister, Thanks!
Pumpkin pie, yeah ours was like this but not at thick and I had wayyy more whipped cream on top for sure! Yeah I was rocking paper plates for dessert too, so take that square dessert plate out of there and it's totally our pie! Amazing how you can find "your" pictures simply by googling images! :) heehee..

Now for even better stuff.... I got THIS in the mail,
It's some goodies that I won over at Pinky's blog, Much Ado About Nothing.
This was donated to Pinky from Bety over at Dream Designs, so thanks to both Pinky and Bety, I love all the stuff! :)Up close with these wonderful papers! They are so bright and cheery and all around Christmasy! I will be making some cards with these.
Some stickers and ribbons to match, they will be a great addition to the cards to come!And a few tags to top it all off! I can't wait to make some crafty goodies with this! :) Thanks so much ladies!
As for the rest of the weekend... Friday was Black Friday of course, and we shopping nonstop for SEVEN hours! YES, 7! From 5 a.m. to noon! Craziness, my back hurt so much I could barely walk when we got home! Priorities! :) haha...
Saturday, we hung out with family at the house, ate left overs and watched movies, made cookies and went to the Botanical Gardens for our Parade of Lights show. It was really nice! Cold, but nice!
Sunday was saying goodbye to family headed back to Colorado and the rest of the day cleaning, laundry and wrapping 7 hours worth of shopping presents! :)
How was your weekend?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO girl You have a great weekend!!! How exciting!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Liz,
Sounds like a good Thanksgiving. I wish we had had a good Thanksgiving meal too! We ate at McDonalds on our way to Colorado on Thanksgiving afternoon!
Then we were supposed to go out to Red Lobster my favorite resteraunt for our "Thanksgiving Dinner" and my 1 year old got an Ear infection so we ended up picking up some Italian food and eating at my Mom's! Glad next year there will be a real Turkey and some real Thanksgiving food!

Wow your Sister lives in Pueblo West. What a small world it is!!! We did get a skiff of snow on Sunday morning, but my SIL and BIL were coming from Canon City out past Pueblo West and they had to come thru Pueblo instead of Colorado Springs because it was snowing so bad the roads were closed, so Pueblo West might have had more snow than Pueblo had and we were all the way on the South side of town so about as far the other direction as you can get from Pueblo West!

Enjoying your visits to my blog!!! I like your black and purple very pretty!

Heather

Lena said...

LOL you're a dork, faking pictures!! Kinda sounds like "That's for a kid" !! Know what I mean sis!! lmao Anyway, glad to hear you had a good weekend. I just wanted to post a comment since I was checking it out! That way I'm not a "lurker!" :)

Becky said...

7 hours of shopping? You go girl. My mom and I got to Walmart at 3am, got EVERYTHING on our lists (and then some!) and were home by 6! It was awesome! I need to blog about all my deals and everything, but I can't seem to get 5 minutes straight alone at the computer! :) Nice goodies!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are a lucky girl! You won the SNSS Anniversary Blog Candy! Check out our blog for the deets!

Congrats!!
~Korin

ScrapMomOf2 said...

OMG, Liz, I was laughing at you posting pics of food that are NOT your pics! Take out the ham, picture the pie with more whipped cream and on paper plates. I'm seriously laughing my butt off! Holy moly on the goodies! Oooh, Dream Designs is amazing! Beatriz is amazing! That lady has more talent in her little finger than I could ever hope to have! Have fun with those goodies! WOW! You are LUCKY lately!! Buy a lottery ticket! OK, I think I need more details on SEVEN HOURS of shopping! Holy moly! That's a lot of shopping!! I didn't go shopping at all! Today I went to WalMart and got my niece four Barbies! She's going to love Aunt Carol this year more than she does already!! GREAT update on your weekend!!

Nancy Face said...

Happy food! Happy mail! HOORAY! :D