19 December 2008

And so the Reindeer had food.....

I am loving this little creation that me and my daughter Mikayla made lastnight. Today is her Holiday party at school and we stayed up late lastnight making little Reindeer Food Goodie bags for all her classmates! :) YAY... I used a little of Heather's idea of the reindeer over at Heather's Heavinly Stampations. Thanks Heather. I also saw the little bags with another reindeer somewhere, I even posted on her blog and I'm sorry but I don't remember who you are. If you see this, let me know so I can give you your credit. :)
Here's the little helper Mikayla... She did great and she loved the idea!

This is the production line for the reindeer, Mikayla said we were like a factory! haha. :) I cut all the shapes on the Cricut (Saved soooo much time and made everything perfect!) So I started with Balloons (left) for the heads, I just cut off the little balloon knot thing, I liked these cause they weren't so oblong as an oval but they weren't perfectly round. Next (top middle) were the antlers, which were really cent signs! CUTE! The noses were just little red circles and the ears (right) were flowers that I cut the petals off of.

We had some googly eyes left over from this years summer projects so they added just the right touch!

Still a few more to go over there on the right but Mikayla set it up so we had everything right on hand for each little reindeer, I did the antlers and the ears and Mikayla did the eyes and noses. :)

I got the cheap little sandwich bags at the dollar store and filled them not quite a 1/2 cup of oatmeal, some trail mix and shaved carrots. The tag says, Sprinkle on the lawn at night, The moon will make it sparkle bright, As Santa's reindeer fly and roam, This will guide them to your home!

We made 21 bags, for her class and her teacher's kids! I used the papers from a little scrap pad, folded them in half and used double sided tape to adhere them to the baggies. I think they are adorable and I hope all her friends like them!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

These are super cute!

Becky said...

I love these! So cute! Maybe I'll have to make up some reindeer food for Aaron to put outside! :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Liz these are tooo cute!

I really like how they turned out!

Sorry I have been away for a while it has just been crazy busy around here!!

Love the Reindeer food and the Reindeer themselfs!

Great Job!

Heather

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh my goodness, they ARE adorable? Did you add in glitter too, for the sparkle? Your reindeer are FANTASTIC!! What a fun project for you and your daughter to work on! I bet this was a HUGE hit!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

OKAY now those are sooo dang cute .. love em .. wow that is so creative too girl .. look at that .. and I bet you she was like UMM me and my momma made these lolol..

too original love it