19 July 2010

Progress.....

So I finally started decorating my girls' rooms. There are 3 of them so it takes me some time to figure out what I want to do and how I will do it.

My youngest is all about everything being PINK, she loves every shade of pink and she really doesn't care what it is, so long as it's pink. Needless to say her room is like Pink Heaven. Everything is PINK! So pink that it has pink on top of pink, but of course it's different she says because they're different shades....

So for her room I decided on this....
......as inspiration only.... I wasn't prepared to go out and buy the decal for this. I'm grateful that I can paint with some artistic ability so I started working on it in her room, free hand.

This is the progress from beginning to present, which is not yet complete, I will be working on it more throughout the week and through the weekend I'm sure.

This is the blank wall, I imagined it and started painting...

The tree trunk looks a little skinny/narrow I know, but really it wouldn't matter too much because I was planning on putting the nightstand back where it was, as you can see below.

As I went up I just randombly put branches how I thought they should flow. I had no reason to do what I did but I looked at the example decal picture and kept going.

This was still a semi-rough draft of the branches. I did them with paint but I did a lighter outline of them and went back and colored them in with the thickness and darkness that I liked.

This is the finished copy of the branches, all painted in and dark. It extends to the right of the bed and passes it by a couple of inches. I didn't want it to just end where the bed ended. I'll post new pics on how the flowers come along :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic job on the tree! I don't think I could paint something on that large of a scale and make it look good like this.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

OMG! How cool to see the inspiration and what you did! This is fantastic! LOVE it! You are very talented!!