24 November 2008

Monday Blues....a Card and Look over there! :)

Ugh, I hate Mondays, back to work, back to school, waking up early, did I mention Back to work??? ugh..

Okay enough pouting, I did some shopping this weekend, but unfortunately I can't show you what I got because it's all Christmas presents and well.... some of the receipients read the blog so I'll have to show you later. :) I do have a card for you though. :) It went with 2 Sketches 4 You but I didn't upload it in time for their bonus sketch for last week so oh well. :) I just used Maroon cardstock from a HL paperpack... the backdrop paper (red and white) is from the discount section, I just paper punched the end with the Fiskars punch. I created 1.5 inch squares of all different papers, roughed up the edges with my Xacto...
I cut a little triangle tree and inked the edges with some brown... and Ta-Da... This was a pretty simple one.. I got the "Joy" from seom scraps and it matched well I thought :)
I know it's not the typical Christmas colors but I thought it came out good... :) let me know what you think! :)
In other news, there are some blog candies going on right now.... so go check them out..
Little Blue Cottage is giving away some awesome fabrics for a lucky crafter! :) SNAZZY!
Debbie at Passion for Crafts is giving away some great goodies that include Copics! WHOA!
Over at Scrapcity they are giving away some great Haunted Blackboard! YUM!
So go on over and check them out! :)

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I think your card turned out great! I love threading water punches edges, and I love the four patterned paper squares. The Christmas tree is very cute, and JOY is the perfect sentiment! Great job!

Heather Schlatter said...

I love this card all the detail, and the muted papers are wonderful!!! I have been enjoying your sweet and detailed comments on my blog! Enjoying yours too!

Heather