28 January 2009

It's been a while.... but look what I got!

Well I know my blogging has been scarce! I miss the BLOG WORLD! Instead I'm forced to actually work AT work and apparently someone in our computer department thinks that Blogging leads to bad things so the Blog Network has been banned from our computer! Way to go smart guy! Way to ruin the ONLY social life that I actually have!

So anyway, I've been cleaning the office/craft room/sewing room and I purchased some fabric and a NEW SEWING MACHINE that I love! I looked all over the place for a cheap one, they usually range from $300 to $400, well I found it on ebay for a whopping $71 and that included shipping so I bought it immediately and it's great! I LOVE IT, and I plan to make many more quilts and I'm venturing in making some dresses for the girls for the upcoming summer. It should be interesting and fun! I can't wait to sew, sew, sew!

Here's the new machine....
It's the singer 7442 and it's fully electronic and has 80 different stitch functions!
Here is a pile of about 150 5x5 squares of jeans that are for my next quilt for my little girl Nevaeh, then it's Mikayla and then Alex. I let them each pick out the colors and fabric they wanted to match the backing of their quilts and they did a good job, I can't wait to see the finished project and neither can they!

Here is another pile of about 35 squares and the pink material that I've cut to add to the squares for Nevaeh's blanket. Her favorite color is pink and this was one of the fabrics she chose. I love it!
I'm sorry for the lack of blog comments I've been giving, I haven't even had time to blog hop on my phone... I will catch up someday and I will be back on track in no time!

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

$71.00?? Are you kidding me? WOW! That's awesome! Enjoy your new machine!! I can't wait to see the finished quilts!! Take care!

Lena said...

I can't wait to see these finished quilts either! Happy sewing!! :)